Nearby, practical and walks
- Rue Mouffetard: pedestrianized street with many restaurants and shops. This takes you directly to the Pantheon and the Sorbonne. You can then continue to the Luxembourg Gardens, St-Michel, the Latin Quarter and Notre Dame.
- The district Butte aux Cailles : known for its narrow streets, maisonettes and flowered courtyards.
- The Lutetia Arena: they are with the Cluny baths the last vestiges Gallo Romans.
- The observatory: the oldest in the world.
- Montparnasse: a breathtaking view of Paris from the top of its 56 floors.
- The National Library of France: 4 towers are built around a garden of one hectare, 20,000 people visit daily.
- Manufacture des Gobelins: built by Colbert in 1662, this factory keeps very famous tapestries in Europe.
- Markets: Blanqui Boulevard (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday morning), Mouffetard (every day).
- Movies: All Movies avenue des Gobelins and Place d’Italie.
- Gardens: Square René Legall, The Garden plants, the Montsouris Park.
- Banks, press, hairdresser, florist, pharmacy, supermarket: Avenue des Gobelins or boulevard Auguste Blanqui
- Commercial center of the Place d’Italie: Spring, Fnac, SNCF and 133 stores
- The pool of the Butte aux Cailles
- Hire your bike 100m from the hotel
Some ideas for walks : walk 1: Rue Mouffetard – Place de la Contrescarpe – The Pantheon – The Luxembourg Gardens – Saint Michel
–down the avenue des Gobelins Mouffetard- up to rue Mouffetard Street to Place de la Contrescarpe – go on the left towards the Pantheon: the Sorbonne, the library Sainte Geneviève, the Panthéon, the city hall of Vth – down rue Soufflot to the Luxembourg Gardens – down boulevard Saint Michel to its fountain – Return to the hotel by bus 27, which drops you down the Croulebarbe street (“stop Banker”)
Walk 2: the Butte aux Cailles
– To the metro Corvisart – Go under the Skytrain – Mount the steps that take directly to the Butte aux Cailles
Walk 3: Rue Mouffetard, Lutetia arenas, the Mosque of Paris, the Jardin des Plantes
– Down the avenue of Gobelins- Visit the Mouffetard- rue Mouffetard Up to the Place de la Contrescarpe – Take the first right after the square and then down the steps to the Rue Monge – Visit arenas Lutèces – Visit the Great Mosque of Paris – walk in the Jardin des Plantes – Continue the ride on the Seine with Bus Charter (stop at the end of the Jardin des Plantes)
Walk 4: Chinese district
– Mount Street Reculettes to Place d’Italie – Walking on the Avenue d’Ivry to Chinatown – Back by the Avenue de Choisy